EAS Newsletter #7 - February 2023
News from the European Aligner Society in an EASy to digest format
The start of 2023 allows us to reflect on what has been achieved by EAS and what members can look forward to in the coming year.
Highlights of 2022 were undoubtedly our summer meeting in Porto which you can read about in a previous newsletter.
Another major milestone was the launch of the European Board of Aligner Orthodontics (EBAO), and you can read about the progress of the EAS mission to raise and recognise standards in clear aligner care in this issue.
We are also looking forward, with relish, to meeting as many members as possible in Turin in May this year - you will find news about our 4th Congress in this issue too.
Two and a half days of plenary lectures, will be peppered with break-out sessions and workshops, as well as a parallel programme for team members.
A CLEAR WORLD VISION OF THE FUTURE
The European Aligner Society has announced a truly global line-up of aligner orthodontic and digital dentistry experts to address the annual Congress in Turin.
The 4th Congress of the European Aligner Society features lectures by some of the most experienced, forward-thinking practitioners in aligner orthodontics in the world today.
The event is taking place between May 11-13 in Turin, Italy, and offers clinicians from Europe, and around the world, a forum to improve their knowledge and clinical skills and to advance the science and art of aligner orthodontics.
Aside from the expert lectures, the Congress will also host break-out sessions and workshops, which will allow delegates to explore and delve more deeply into the subjects which interest them the most.
As well as the main Congress agenda, there is a specialised programme for orthodontic practice team members.
Our Expert View this newsletter is provided by Dr Rooz Khosravi:
DMD, PhD, MSD, Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthodontics at the University of Washington.
This short presentation shares five tips to start an in-office retainer program that can quickly cover the cost of your 3D printer(s) and its auxiliaries (a cure-box and a wash).
The most logical implementation of 3D printing in your practice is to purchase a printer and start a retainer program. Then you can slowly move to build an in-office aligner system in your practice.
CERTIFYING MEMBERS’ SKILLS
The mission of the European Board of Aligner Orthodontics (EBAO) is to certify the expertise, the skills, the attributes, and the comprehensive knowledge of orthodontics, with an emphasis on orthodontic aligner treatment, through certification and periodic re-evaluation and by encouraging the achievement and maintenance of Diplomate status.
PRODUCT NEWS FROM EAS PARTNERS
The 5 Congress Diamond Sponsors have submitted a company/product review:
FORESTADENT - A tradition of precision
Graphy’s Direct Aligner with its Shape Memory function is a well-received breakthrough in technology and innovations in orthodontics and clear aligner treatment. Graphy has developed the first direct 3D printed aligner in the world. The ability to directly print the aligners and bypass printing models and creating vacuum forms reduces the wastes and the carbon footprints within the office and allows the clinicians to streamline the process.
Product Update: Spark™ Clear Aligners New Release 13
Spark™ continues to drive innovation, by introducing new features to empower doctors with more control and flexibility in diagnosis and treatment planning. With Spark Spark™ Release 13, we introduced three new key features.
If you have missed anything copies of all the previous EAS newsletters are housed on our portal: www.eas-aligners.com > Newsletters
EAS MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- The many benefits of associating with like-minded clinicians who hold orthodontic aligner treatment close to their hearts.
- The benefits of virtual and physical meetings addressed by the leading clear aligner experts from around the world
- The ability to engage with other aligner clinicians to learn from their experience, skills and knowledge
- Direct connections with aligner associated product producers through meetings, on-line engagements and benefit from direct offers.
- The potential to take part in the European Board of Aligner Orthodontics’ (EBAO’s) certification of excellence in aligner orthodontics and accreditation process.
- Demonstrable links with a respected society which has the sole focus of the furtherment of the most contemporary form of orthodontic treatment
- Access to the high rated academic Journal of Aligner Orthodontics
- A quarterly newsletter, bringing you updates from the Society, its members, and supporters.
- Videos of meeting lectures so that you can refresh your memory (or view it for the first time if you were unable to attend).
Now is a good time to renew your EAS membership so that you can also benefit from a lower registration rate at our 4th Congress in 2023.
For more information please visit www.eas-aligners.com.
We look forward to seeing you in Turin in May!